We’re looking for your Lockdown Legends for a photographic exhibition, created by the public. We want to know about local people who have shown particular kindness, courage, humanity or ingenuity in these trying times.
Lockdown Legends will celebrate the resilience of the people of Devon who have helped the most vulnerable in our society during the Covid19 crisis. Who would be your Lockdown Legend?
Maybe a care worker or member of NHS staff, or perhaps your local bus driver or refuse collector. It might be someone who’s been working at a food bank or a postal worker. Has your teacher stood out for you or is there a young person who’s been doing shopping for a neighbour you’d like to nominate?
We are seeking uplifting stories about the heroic and selfless actions of individuals who have gone above and beyond to help others during this unprecedented time.
If you know someone who you would like to nominate and to receive the recognition they deserve please submit your entry below.
Nominations should consist of a photographic portrait of the nominee as well as no more than 100 words on why you feel that individual deserves to be recognised. Images can be captured on phones or cameras. Each image will be assessed on the emotion and experience it conveys, rather than its technical expertise.
If you would like some guidance on how to capture a great portrait please watch the video below.
All entries will be considered by a judging panel. 100 people will be chosen. Those 100 will feature in a photographic exhibition on RAMM’s Showcase digital exhibition space. As well as an exhibition in the city at a date to be confirmed. When the exhibition has finished, the stories and photos will be stored at the Devon Heritage Centre for future generations.
The deadline for entries is Sunday 19th July with the final 100 Lockdown Legends being announced in August.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- All the information given about how to enter this competition is also part of these terms and conditions.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to accept the rules and all of the terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Queen St, Exeter EX4 3RX.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have permission from your parent or guardian to enter the competition.
- You must have permission from the subject of your nomination to use their photograph for the purpose of this competition.
- All entries are free.
- You must have access to the internet. Entries should be submitted via the form at the bottom of this page. We are unable to accept entries via any other channels (such as email). We cannot take responsibility for any entries that are lost or delayed due to computer error.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must provide the name and contact details of a parent or guardian who is responsible for you. We may contact your parent or guardian to confirm that they have given permission for you to enter the competition. We may also contact your parent or guardian to confirm that we have permission to post your photo submissions to the Promoter’s social media pages.
- You will be asked to provide your contact details and your preferred method of contact.
- All entries must be made before the closing date of Midnight on Sun 19 July 2020. Any entries made after this time will be considered void.
- The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website and social media pages by Mon 17 August 2020. They will be contacted via their preferred method of communication. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact all winners.
- The Promoter might be forced to change the competition conditions due to events beyond its control. The Promoter cannot be responsible for any such changes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition.
- English law applies and only jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.