Wanted - Session leaders - Mummification
We are looking for volunteers to lead a performance session followed by a handling session for the public and children about our mummy Shep-en-Mut and mummification. Full details below…
- To help develop and perform a public session in the museum courtyard and afterwards answer questions and introduce handling objects and demonstrate correct handling techniques.
Essential requirements for the role
- An interest in Egyptology and an enthusiasm to convey this.
- Confidence – The demonstration is given in a public context to large numbers of visitors.
- Good People Skills - We are looking for people who are sensitive to visitors’ needs and who are happy talking to the public.
- Flexibility - We do need people who can be flexible about where they work on the site. We also need a certain amount of flexibility for rota cover. We ask you commit at least one session a month.
Desirable requirements for this role
- past experience in performance or public presentation, previous knowledge of Egyptology.
What you will gain
- Meeting new people
- Learn new skills and improve knowledge of the Ancient Egyptians
- Expenses up to £10 a day paid
- Opportunity to volunteer as part of the museum team
- Free tea and coffee
- Invitations to special events
How to apply: If you are interested in this role, complete the volunteer application form