Wanted - Session leaders - World War Two recollections
We are looking for volunteers to run hands on sessions with the public and children about life in Exeter during the Second World War in the museum when it opens in December. Full details below…
- To introduce handling objects from the Second World War and demonstrate correct handling techniques.
- To research and be able to present stories and information about world war two
- To participate, when necessary, in demonstrations of using a stirrup pump, techniques for putting out incendiary bombs and other world war two related activities
Essential requirements for the role
- An interest in the Second World War - We are looking for people willing to learn about Exeter’s history in this period and deal sensitively with people’s stories and memories
- Good People Skills - We are looking for people who are sensitive to visitors’ needs and who are happy talking to the public.
- Flexibility - We do need people who can be flexible about where they work on the site. We also need a certain amount of flexibility for rota cover.
- We ask you to commit at least one session a month.
What you will gain
- Meeting new people
- Learn new skills and improve knowledge of the second world war
- Expenses up to £5 a day paid
- Opportunity to work as part of the museum team
- Free tea and coffee
- Invitations to special events
How to apply: If you are interested in this role, complete the volunteer application form