New Artist Commission
26 November 2018
RAMM is offering an exciting opportunity for a contemporary visual artist based in the South West region, as defined by Arts Council England, to be inspired by RAMM’s rich and diverse collections.
Commission and Artist’s Fees: £5,000
Deadline for expression of interest: 12 noon on Monday 21 January 2019
- Anne Barlow, Director of Tate St Ives
- Robert Leckie, Director of Spike Island
- Lara Goodband, Curator of Contemporary Art at RAMM
- Julien Parsons, Senior Collections Officer at RAMM
We’re looking for an artist to make new work in any media inspired by objects, collections or stories at RAMM. You’ll be a postgraduate with previous exhibition and/or commissioning experience and live or work in the South West region (see ACE’s definition of the region here). Your practice will be critically-engaged and this will be an opportunity to push your work to the next level. There is no requirement to show the final piece at RAMM although we hope that will be possible. We will also support you to show the commission elsewhere.
How to send your Expression of Interest
- Please send your expression of interest as a PDF. The title of the PDF should be your name. It should be no larger than 10mb and include your CV and images
- Email to [email protected] by 12 noon on Mon 21 Jan
- We will invite 3 artists to develop an idea before selecting the final artist for commission. Each invited artist will be paid £250 plus travel to visit the museum and meet the selection panel on Wednesday 13 February
- You’ll be available to begin the work in February 2019
- You will lead an event or talk at RAMM before December 2019
The total fee of £5,000 for the final commission will include all materials and expenses.
If you haven’t heard from us by 28 February you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we cannot enter into any correspondence or discussion about the selection process. The selectors’ decision is final.