The RAMM Development Trust raises vital funds to support the work of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, affectionately known as RAMM.
“For over 150 years, RAMM has been providing education, inspiration and excitement for visitors. That has been true of generations of my family too. How could I not support this great institution?David Fursdon, HM’s Lord-Lieutentant of Devon and RAMM Patron
How does the RAMM Development Trust support the museum?
The trust has been providing vital support to the museum since 1994. Its help has been wide ranging and impacted on many people’s lives.
Support has helped:
- Put on inspiring and thought provoking events such as RAMM Lates
- Care for objects so that the stories they can tell can be shared, like the hospital portraits
- Purchase important objects for the collection such as ‘Wing’ by local, internationally acclaimed artist Peter Randall-Page
- Transform the museum and galleries through major capital redevelopment works
- Bring in larger grants, by using the trust funds as local matched funding
Who runs the Trust?
The trust is run by dedicated volunteers who are committed to making sure funds raised will support RAMM in the most effective way.
The current RAMM Development Trust trustees are:
- Richard Bearne (Chair)
- Sharon Austen (Treasurer)
- Caroline Fowle
- Brana Thorn
- James Browne
- Cllr Andrew Leadbetter
- Laura McFadyen
- Derek Phillips
- Cllr Laura Wright
- Judie Yung
RAMM Development Trust Trustee opportunities
For fiscal year 2022/23 the Trust is looking to bring in two new Trustees. Full details of the opportunities, and how to express an interest, are on the jobs and opportunities page.
How do they raise funds?
Crucial funds are raised in different ways – could you support in one of these ways?
- The Patron scheme
- Through gifts in wills
- Ticket sales from special fundraising events
- Grant applications to other trusts and foundations
If you would like to talk to someone about the Trust’s work, please contact Claire Bailey, RAMM’s Development Officer (01392 265991)
RAMM Development Trust policies
The Development Trust’s grant-giving, complaints, and whistleblowing policies are available on the reports, plans and policies page.