The RAMM Development Trust
What does the trust do?
The RAMM Development Trust raises vital funds to support the work of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, affectionately known as RAMM.
How does the trust raise funds?
Crucial funds are raised in different ways:
- Donations from supportive individuals
- Ticket sales for special fundraising events like the annual classical concert series
- Through the Patron scheme, where individuals can enjoy a deeper relationship with RAMM
- From those who choose to support RAMM’s future by leaving a gift in their will
- Grant applications to Trusts and Foundations
- Business sponsorship
‘I have attended all the Spring Concerts series since its inception. It is one of the treasures of Exeter and I hope the series continues well into the future’
From a RAMM supporter
‘For over 150 years, RAMM has been providing education, inspiration and excitement for visitors. That has been true for generations of my family too. How could I not support this great institution?’
David Fursdon, HM’s Lord-Lieutenant of Devon and RAMM Patron
What impact does the trusts support have?
The trust has been supporting the museum since 1994. Its help has been wide ranging and impacted on many people’s lives who come to RAMM to discover, be inspired, have fun, find peace and feel connected to the world around them.
Support has helped RAMM:
- Bring in larger grants by using the trusts support as local match funding
- Buy new cases for the insect collection
- Conserve important objects held in trust for the public
- Purchase objects to enrich the collection and captivate visitors
- Put on inspiring exhibitions and special events like RAMM Lates
- Redisplay the World Cultures galleries
- Run dementia friendly sessions
Who runs the trust?
The trust is run by dedicated volunteers who are committed to making sure the funds they raise will support RAMM in the most effective way.
The RAMM Development Trust trustees are:
- Richard Bearne (Chair)
- Sharon Austen (Treasurer)
- James Browne
- Lesley Robson
- Andrew Leadbetter
- Derek Phillips
- Diana Wilkinson
If you would like to get involved with helping the trust support RAMM’s work, please do get in touch with Claire.
Without the help of those who cherish RAMM, this important source of funding would disappear.
Post: Claire Bailey, Development Officer, RAMM, Queen Street, Exeter EX4 3RX
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01392 265991