Win Tea with Toby
28 April 2016
Become a Plant Hunter, find ‘plants in strange places’ and share photographs of your discoveries on Instagram or Tumblr for a chance to win tea and a chat with gardener, writer and broadcaster Toby Buckland.
As part of the Naturally Inspired season of botanicals, gardens and landscapes, Toby Buckland has installed a garden in RAMM’s Garden reception celebrating Exeter’s Veitch family. Intrepid plant hunters from the family business travelled all over the world in the 19th and 20th centuries collecting new species. Harry Veitch was also an instigator and promoter of the first Chelsea Flower Show. In the 1880s, the family donated many of the objects collected on their travels to RAMM. Following their tradition, you can become a 21st century Plant Hunter.
How to enter
Take a picture of a plant in an unusual place, whether it’s growing up a mountain, between paving stones or dangling from a bridge. Post your photo to Instagram using #RAMMPlantHunters or submit to www.rammplanthunters.tumblr.com/submit for your chance to win:
The 2016 International Garden Photographer of the Year book
Tea and garden chat with Toby Buckland – a cream tea and the chance to ask Toby Buckland your garden questions.
Botanicals, gardens and landscapes are the inspiration for a season of exhibitions and events in Exeter’s Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery. The Naturally Inspired season includes award-winning photography, botanical watercolours, contemporary landscapes, a garden in the museum, workshops, dementia-friendly activities, talks and tours.
Competition terms and conditions
- The Plant Hunters competition is open to anyone except for employees of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, & Art Gallery, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. Employees of RAMM, their families and others associated with the competition may submit photos to appear online, but will not be entered into the competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted by either
Posting a photo to Instagram using #RAMMPlantHunters
Submitting to rammplanthunters.tumblr.com/submit
We are unable to accept entries via any other channels
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to RAMM to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing image of a plant in an unusual place. The winner will be notified within 21 days of the closing date of the competition
- The closing date is midnight on 28 August 2016.
- One entrant shall win the opportunity to meet Toby Buckland to talk about gardens and plants. This prize will include light refreshments. The prize is subject to availability.
One entrant shall win a copy of the International Garden Photographer of the Year: Nine book. The prize is subject to availability.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- The winner’s name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter EX4 3RX.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.