Exeter’s world-class museum has stunning displays and galleries, fabulous exhibitions and modern amenities. The displays reveal Devon and Exeter’s rich history and global connections. Exotic animals, birds and insects delight children and the World Cultures galleries display stunning items from all over the world.
Covid-19: Following the government announcement on Thursday 26 November, RAMM will be re-opening from Thursday 3 December. To guarantee entry, please book your free entry tickets below.
Open Tuesday to Sunday 10am – 5pm
Last entry 4pm
Closed bank holidays and Mondays
Christmas and New Year opening times
RAMM will be closed on Friday 25, Saturday 26, Monday 28 December and Friday 1 January
Thursday 24 December – 10:00 to 13:00 with last entry at 12:00
Sunday 27 December – 10:00 to 17:00 with last entry at 16:00
Tuesday 29 December – 10:00 to 17:00 with last entry at 16:00
Wednesday 30 December – 10:00 to 17:00 with last entry at 16:00
Thursday 31 December – 10:00 to 16:00 with last entry at 15:00
Opening times return to normal from Saturday 2nd January.
Things may look a bit different, so we’d like to tell you about the changes we’ve made to help you enjoy your visit and stay safe. This is also available to BSL users with additional access information.
There is now a one-way route around the museum with entry through the Garden Entrance.
We need to manage the flow of visitors, so you will need to book a free timed ticket online before you visit.
- Please book a ticket for every member of your party, including children.
- The ticket will give you a 30 minute arrival slot, however you can stay as long as you like
- Please do not arrive before or after your 30 minute arrival slot
- If you plan to visit the First Women exhibition please arrive at the beginning of your 30 minute arrival period
- On arrival you will need to show us your ticket, this can either be on your mobile device or a printed copy
- If you cannot attend your booked time, please remember to cancel it as soon as possible, so that we may offer your ticket to someone else
We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout RAMM, especially toilets, handrails, handles, lift buttons and key touchpoints.
Please help us to keep the lifts reserved for people who have accessibility requirements.
Some dressing-up items and items you can touch have been removed.
The majority of the museum is open, but for the time being we have reduced numbers in one or two galleries.
The Shop and Cafe are open. We have extended the cafe seating area so you can eat and drink at a safe distance. Crumbs and sticky fingers are not good for our precious objects, so eating and drinking is only permitted in the cafe.
If you bring your own mobile device and headphone with you, you will be able to access an increasing amount of digital information by using them during your visit.
Our friendly staff and volunteers will be on hand throughout the museum to answer your questions.
Once you have finished exploring you will exit from the ground floor onto Queen Street.
How you can help us
- If you are feeling unwell please visit on another day
- Please wear a face covering, unless you are exempt
- Do use the hand sanitiser stations throughout your visit
- Please use contactless payment in our shop and cafe if possible
- If you are visiting with family members under 15 years of age, please agree which adult in your group will take responsibility for them
- Our lockers are currently closed so please avoid bringing large bags or anything else to the museum that you will not be able to easily carry around
RAMM’s income is being seriously affected by the pandemic – please do your bit to support the museum you love
- Give a donation
- Become a Friend
- Leave a gift in your Will
- Join RAMM Membership for free
- Find out more at Support RAMM
We hope you will have a wonderful visit – RAMM just isn’t RAMM without you!
The pages below contain additional information that will help you plan your visit